A One-Stop Shop for Lifting Supplies and Installation
Changing Places is a campaign for fully accessible toileting facilities for people who are unable to use a standard toilet, making venues of all types more accessible for all.
In the UK, there are 11.4 million disabled people who require accessible toilets and over 230,000 people who need the additional support which Changing Places toilets provide. This can be broken down as follows:
• 130,000 older people
• 40,000 people with profound learning disabilities
• 30,000 people with Cerebral Palsy
• 13,000 people with acquired brain injury
• 8,500 people with Multiple Sclerosis
• 8,000 people with Spina Bifida
• 500 people with Motor Neurone Disease
Changing Places facilities provide more space (12sqm2) and equipment than a DOC-M accessible toilet. This, therefore, provides adequate room for extra equipment such as a Ceiling Hoist, Changing Table, Washbasin, Peninsular Toilet etc. and allows space to accommodate carers to easily help the user.
• Thousands of people need Changing Places toilets to enable them to get out and about and enjoy the day-to-day activities many of us take for granted. The Changing Places Consortium launched its campaign in 2006 on behalf of those people who cannot use standard accessible toilets; this includes people with profound and multiple learning disabilities and their carers, as well as people with disabilities such as motor neurone disease, multiple sclerosis and cerebral palsy.
• Changing Places is sponsored officially by Aveso; a joint venture between OpeMed and Astor Bannerman Ltd who have a combined wealth of experience in the healthcare equipment industry. Aveso have now sponsored the Changing Places Campaign since 2013 and intend on supporting the Campaign as it continues to grow. We aim to continue building relationships with the campaigners who work so hard and dedicate their lives to making Changing Places happen.
• Please contact the technical team at Aveso on email@example.com or 01242 822979 for advice, CAD design, high quality products, installation or servicing.
• “The Changing Places and Aveso team are dedicated to Making Changing Places Happen.” Changing Places and Aveso
• You can visit the Aveso site at https://aveso.co.uk/ for more information, or contact us at the address below.
5. Please attach a link to the Changing Places leaflet for visitors to download - attached below.
6. Who we've provided our services to, Opemed should be spelt OpeMed and Astorbannerman should be spelt Astor Bannerman, this should be the same wherever they are mentioned on the website.